Homeownership is a long term investment that offers great financial benefits
We help you search for Canada’s home loans for a new purchase by answering just a few simple questions. Choosing the right home loan can be a daunting task for a newbie. We’ve got great rates and information to make your choice easier.
BROKERS BEST RATE
BANKS BEST RATE
|Excellent||4.5 out of 5||617 Reviews|
THE Home buyer’s guide FOR MORTGAGE SHOPPERS
Buying your first home? You can do this and we’ll show you how.
Homeownership can be very exciting, but it can also be a little overwhelming. Before you decide to buy a home, make sure you’ve carefully considered the costs versus benefits of homeownership. The consensus among lenders and real estate professionals, your ideal monthly housing expenses, such as mortgage payments, other debts, and utilities, shouldn’t be more than 35%-40% of your gross monthly income. For example, if your gross monthly income is $5,000, limit your household expenses to $2,000.
The journey to becoming a homeowner is rewarding
We got some helpful and simple checklists for every step of the way that will put you through the journey of buying your own home nice and easy.
- Prepare to qualify
- Understanding mortgages
- The right home for you
- Closing on your home
1. Prepare to qualify
- Down payment
- Your credit report
- Employment or income history
- Getting pre-approved
2. Understanding mortgages
- High-ratio or conventional mortgages
- Mortgage insurance or CMHC
- Open or closed mortgages
- Amortization period
- Choosing a mortgage term
- Fixed or variable interest rates
- Payment frequency
- Standard vs collateral charges
- Portable and assumable mortgages
3. The right home for you
- Work with an unbiased realtor
- Figure out what you can afford
- Type and size of the home
- Neighbourhood and schools
- Transit and commute options
- Understanding competing offers
4. Closing on your home
- The purchase contract
- Good faith deposit
- Contingencies and subjects
- Home inspection
- Requirements for closing
- Closing costs
- Moving and utilities
Have a question? We have answers.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for. Please get in touch
Are you a bank or a mortgage broker?
Neither! We are actually the best of both services. We’re a broker-backed financial technology provider. In other words, a comparison website with access to a panel of lenders. Our panel of mortgage brokers provides you access to many lenders, while our bank mortgage specialists provide you access to products available through a single bank. The products and services available through our lender panel will vary by region, terms, rates, and conditions.
What happens after I’ve completed the search for lenders?
When you’re done with the search (either for refinancing or purchasing), you’ll receive an email from us with the next steps, along with our list of recommended consultants. After which one or several home loan consultants will contact you to make their recommendations and offers. The next step is for you to decide which lender or offer you would like to proceed with further. Our lending panel consists of qualified, licensed, and experienced lenders, bankers, and mortgage brokers that can offer you the best deals in the marketplace.
Is entering my personal details safe?
It’s really safe. We think our way of evaluating your basic information is by far safer and more convenient than completing a typical full mortgage application without knowing your options upfront.
Am I eligible for a home loan?
- To be refinancing or purchasing a property (not bare land or farmland).
- To be purchasing a home in a major city or major regional centre with a population of 5000 people or more.
- At least a 5% deposit or equity, plus savings to cover fees and charges, such as the land transfer tax. If you have less than a 20% deposit, you’ll need to pay Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance (CMHC or equivalent).
- To be borrowing at least $10K for refinancing or $50K for purchasing but no more than $2M; amounts greater than $2M available for commercial mortgages.
- To be purchasing a property, currently employed, either with a paystub or self-employment to get started. For refinancing, while unemployed or under-employed, you may be able to get a home loan through a private lender.
- At least one form of government ID, such as a passport, driver’s licence and/or a supporting secondary ID.
- To be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and live in Canada.
Great rates from as low as
BROKERS BEST RATE
BANKS BEST RATE
Sound like we’re right for each other?
What our customers are saying
Jan 19, 2021
Ms. Beverly A., BC
Smooth process, excellent customer service
The initial process of seeking a home loan online was very simple and smooth. Although they were a little slow getting back to us, as they were extremely busy, once we sent them an email following up on the status our consultant was extremely prompt and helpful.
Once we were ready to go ahead with the submission, they got back to us with the approval straight away and have been very helpful throughout the remainder of the process. Not only have we gotten a great rate, but they also made the whole thing as painless as possible. I would highly recommend it.
Nov 29, 2020
Mr. Robert M., BC
Our mortgage refinancE process has been easy…
We’ve been contemplating refinancing my loan for a while but found it was too hard as my wife was self-employed so experience generally was very painful with never-ending requests for information. We found our consultant knowledgeable, organized and transparent with a quick turnaround to a decision.
Update: I applied for the loan with one of the recommended consultants on July 30 and settlement has now been set for September 2, 5 weeks. One of those weeks was my “fault” as I took that long to look over the documents and so it is really 4 weeks on their end.
Apr 17, 2019
Mrs. Leslie K., AB
Careful research revealed mortgage broker of choice
I had looked closely at my various options to take out a mortgage hoping that I would receive the best deal with my current and long-term bank. However, despite decades of proven banking performance and responsibility, my current bank failed to even get close to what the consultant was able to offer and deliver.
Ultimately, I selected one of the recommended consultants to work with. It’s a two-way street. A straightforward and logical process was conducted online or by phone presented and delivered to ensure the business was ethical and practical for both sides.
Sep 5, 2019
Mr. James S., ON
Simple, easy for first-time homebuyers
I am a first home buyer that’s pretty busy with life who wanted a quick and easy mortgage process. After speaking with friends and family, I was told it didn’t exist but “Best Mortgage” was exactly that. They put me in touch with several consultants before I selected the one that I liked.
• Easy to understand offers from several providers
• Picked who to work with while still getting the best rates.
• Friendly home loan consultant to assist whenever needed
Ready to start saving?
It’s a big decision, and you’re where you want to be. Start your search now.
We love talking about mortgages
In a hurry or just need to talk to a human.
Mon – Fri 9 am to 9 pm PST
Sat 10 am to 4 pm PST
It takes a couple of minutes to find you the best deal. You can skip having to take up time and meet in person for a home loan.
Brokers and lenders from coast to coast
4400 Dominion St.
500 4th Ave. SW
36 Toronto St,